Teriberka Festival Chefs to Present over 500 Dishes and Beverages with ‘From the Arctic to the Far East’ Menu
The 8th Teriberka Arctic Festival will showcase the menu ‘From the Arctic to the Far East’ and the 32 participants who took part in preparing dishes for the menu. The Festival will take place on 15–16 July in the Murmansk Region as part of the plan of events of Russia’s chairmanship of the Arctic Council, which are managed by the Roscongress Foundation.
The participants include chefs and restaurateurs from the Primorye and Kamchatka regions: the popular tourist restaurants Zuma and Millionka in Vladivostok, the major auto coffee shop chain Coffee Machine, the Kim Sisters project, and Kamchatsky Dom. The Murmansk Region will present the best mobile and restaurant projects involving Arctic cuisine. The 32 Festival participants have announced that a record of more than 500 dishes and beverages will be presented, including both hits and gastronomic premieres.
The Festival guests will be able to sample Arctic dishes made from venison, elk, cod, halibut, Murmansk salmon, northern shrimp, Arctic and Far Eastern scallops, and other seafood from the Barents and White Seas, along with reindeer moss, cloudberries, lingonberries, and blueberries from the Kola Peninsula, taiga lemongrass from the Primorsky Territory, and maritime dishes and drinks with a “taste of the Arctic”. The federal project ‘Gastronomic Map of Russia’ is the co-organizer of the gastronomic platform.
“This is already the 42nd festival of the Gastronomic Map of Russia project team. Our country is home to more than 185,000 catering establishments. Less than 1% of them specialize in Russian cuisine. Such events provide an opportunity to design our future. Thanks to gastro festivals, we have a chance to change this percentage. Over the two days of the festival, 99% of the participants will be presenting our Arctic cuisine. We will show guests a collection of the best dishes created over four years, and there will be several new products and surprises,” said Yekaterina Shapovalova, author of the Festival’s gastronomic concept as well as the author, methodologist, and manager of the Gastronomic Map of Russia project.
The Teriberka Festival aims to unleash the tourism potential of small regions of Russia’s Arctic zone, develop event tourism in the Arctic, and promote local products and cuisine. In addition to the gastronomic space, the Festival will also feature musical, creative, sports, and fair spaces. Visitors will have a chance to send a commemorative postcard from Teriberka, register for a polar explorer’s passport, play an Arctic board game, and take part in a trail run and numerous master classes. The Teriberka musical programme features performances by Seville (Artik & Asti), Haru, the rock band Affinage, as well as the cover band Russian Woman.
The Teriberka Festival is being organized by the Ministry for the Development of the Russian Far East and the Arctic and the Murmansk Region Tourism Committee with the assistance of the Kola District Administration, Murmancongress, Tourist Information Centre of the Murmansk Region, and the federal project Gastronomic Map of Russia.
In recent years, the Teriberka Arctic Festival has become the most popular event in Russia’s Arctic zone. The Festival has been recognized at the national Russian Event Awards. In 2023, it was included in the Top 50 National Calendar of Events for the second time in a row, and it was also ranked as one of the best fairs in the Russian Trade 2023 competition, which is held by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade.